Want to keep fit but can’t afford it? With the average gym membership costing £800-£1,000 a year, it’s easy to give up on the whole idea of exercise.
But there are plenty of other ways of keeping fit without the gym.
• Jogging – When I decided I needed to lose weight due to being over weight and very unfit I started off with jogging which is one of my favourite things in the world to do now after months of doing it, I lost so much weight and became super fit. You not only get fitter but its also a great stress relief and very therapeutic and relaxing being outside breathing in all that beautiful air and burning all of those calories.
• Skipping – I bought myself a skipping rope which I can do in the comfort of my own home or back garden. Its an excellent fat burner and tones your whole body and helps you burn calories fast.
• Exercise dvds – A few months ago I heard about the zumba craze and that’s when I bought my first zumba dvd on ebay for under £5.00 and some toning sticks for under £10.00, it is a great dance dvd which is not only fun and entertaining due to the dance moves and music but you defo work out a sweat and burn loads of calories and I also bought a yoga and belly dancing dvd again on ebay which also burns calories and makes you more flexible as it shows you how to stretch and moved body parts you never even thought about
• At home exercises – Lunges, squats, press ups, sit ups, squats, star jumps, knee lifts, boxing etc all in the comfort of your own home and you can do it in under 30 minutes, great if your short of time and you can still burn calories at the same time. You don’t need to spend hours exercising to achieve results.
• Tennis, Football, Cricket, Badminton – Whatever your favorite sport or hobby is you can do it all in your local park, its a great day out and your exercising at the same time.
• Gardening/housework – You can burn up to 100 calories just hoovering the house, I find cleaning is very therapeutic, you may clean everyday anyway but have one day a week where you have a major spring clean and spending a bit of time in the garden will make all the difference.
I love fitness and love the fact that I can burn my own calories without a machine, it actually motivates me to work harder because I know how much calories you can burn on certain gym equipment so I always go in hard when exercising to achieve great goals.